Thursday 25 August 2011

Banquet of Praise.


Spread for me a banquet of praise,
serve High God a feast of kept promises,-Psalm 50: 14 ..

Last night I was at our Food Kitchen at our Nuneaton church. Each week is different. Last night, because it was raining, there wasn't as many people as usual, just a few of the hardcore regulars. (I love that we have Regulars.)

These guys come in at 7 as the doors open and stay till the end. In fact, usually we are having to kindly say, 'hay we kind of need to close up'. I love it. These amazing people just want to chat, and laugh and eat and feel loved and cared about.

Last night we were all on one big table, and we switched from one topic of conversation to another, but along the way, a few people shared their testimony and we talked about the perception of God and people's view of Christian's.. We laughed about embarrassing situations and funny stories and jokes.

A real intimate group.

I can actually say, to me it doesn't matter if there is 3 or 23, I just have to love who is in front of me. ( I am more shocked than anyone, to actually mean this in truth, I thought this was what I would always say but never really mean it, it sounds a nice idea, But it's actually how I feel, Shocker!!!)

So great times are happening, with the Food Kitchen. I was reading the bible this morning and came across the Scripture above and it really spoke to me, 'Banquet's of praise' .

It hit me that I am serving chicken stew and apple crumble to God's princes they just don't know it yet... whoo hoo, God is good.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment