Tuesday 1 May 2012

THE GOSPEL OF US.








A few days ago I went to see a film with a friend, in one of our local arty cinema places.
To be honest I wasn't really expecting too much, I thought it would be a cheesy christian film.

But I was blown away, it was fantastic. Below is an description of the film..

'Port Talbot is in a battle for its life. Authoritarian forces have taken over and the town is in thrall to ICU, a sinister and merciless corporation depleting the town of its resources with scant regard for the residents. The atmosphere is explosive. Resistance is inevitable. When a company man and suicide bomber clash on the beach, catastrophe is only averted by the intervention of a softly spoken man who had disappeared 40 days earlier. Revealed later as the Teacher (Michael Sheen), he attracts followers and becomes a focus for the Resistance. His influence quickly draws the attention of ICU, who perceive him as a danger who must be removed at all costs. Taking inspiration from one of the defining narratives of our times, this contemporary re-telling of the Passion story took place across the town, with the people of Port Talbot as its cast, crew and heroes.'

I can not say how much I enjoyed this film, to the point, where I might actually send the director a letter, ( I am that geeky) but it just spoke to me immensely, about the crazy love and awesomeness (not sure if that word exists) of God.

If you get a chance to see this film, please do...

Best part Jesus and the disciples having a beer in the local working  men's club, where Jesus is asked to pick out the raffle ticket, and then they watch manic street preachers sing ' Design for Life.' Flip yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment