Friday 30 April 2010

Bouquet Of Blessings!

As the day for my Departure grows ever nearer and the teary eyed goodbyes begin. I take the time to stop and look and am amazed at all the people who on a daily basis, bless me... Its amazing that once you take time to ' stand and stare' (from the Poem, Leisure by W.H Davies) you realize just how many positive givers there are in my life.

Having worked in a Christian Bookshop my fishing net of good givers , seems to go a lot further than most. From people who i see on a weekly basis, like the legendary Mr Cooper, always bobbing around the shop in his trademark tweed hat, having a listening ear and valuable words of wisdom, to Gerald who is very funny, but challenges me in a good way, to Mr and Mrs Shaw 2 people who, when you look at, you just become inspired, you know they have and still, fighting the good fight, there are so many more i could mention.....

and in the last week alone Gods provision has gone into overdrive (i am not complaining i am rejoiceing). From being given a nice new Phone with £80 of Credit on (my old phone has 0 credit on) to free itunes vouchers from 2 different people, from customers buying me books i have mentioned, to putting money to and buying me bibles for Ibiza , as well as friends doing my CD's and DVD's.

Today at work was a particular good example, an older lady came into the shop looking for a prayer book for her friend, i suggested a few but when she saw the prices she shyed away, right then and there the holy spirit zaped me 'Bless her' so we gave her a prayer book for her friend for free saying 'be blessed, it's a gift from us, it's free for your friend' well at first the lady cried then would not accept the freebie, she was quite adamant that i take some money for it, after argueing with her, to put her money away, she was finally convinced by my charms to take it, or so i thought... but 2 minutes later she returned with a big bunch of Flowers , which she had brought with the money for me.which kind of defeated the whole object, but her heart was in the right place.

Right now the flowers are in my kitchen and i sit looking at them, thinking that blessing are a 2 way streak, God made them to be given and accepted freely.. The biggest gift which Jesus paid the highest price for is free. Billy Graham said ' we have 2 hands one to recieve with and one to give with' why do some us find it easier to give and others easier to recieve? But i think it should be equal measure, if everyone gave alot everyone would recieve alot.

So i urge you to do and ARK today.. (for those of you who don't know what an ARK is , see the films Bruce and Evan Almighty,, it means an ACT OF RANDOM KINDNESS )and lets see what happens.

For all those who have and still are sowing into my life THANK YOU! With Gods help i will turn it around and bless other people through it., and as for my season of abundance 'Long may it continue'

Go Forth all you UnderCover Blessers.

No comments:

Post a Comment