Sunday 25 April 2010

Silence and me..

The Art of silence and it really is an artform, one that has to be perfected and worked on, like an artist works on a drawing, sketched, rubbed out to be drawn again, more acurately..is an artform that i am trying to become more aquainted with.. not only know it but i want to know it well.

Me and silence have never really got on well, he's kept himself to himself and i leave him alone, but it seems of late that conversations have started once again, not full on but small 'passing by in the street' kind of talk, which is talk non the less. I am currently giving myself a target everyday to sit and be still with God..and each day i plan to stay with him a little longer. (yes for those who know me even a mintue of silence with me is an act of God).Sometimes when i finish i know i have thought more about turkey sandwiches than i have about God, But i am trying and i actually find it really inspireing. From this i have come to the conclusion that i am the major talker in mine and Gods relationship, i talk he listens, and i havent really given him a chance to get a word in edgewayz, but i feel a shift starting to come and am looking forward to what God is going to say.

So far one significant one vision and topic has come up...which has been really helpful. I know this form of listening goes against my body completely and its a fight, but its time to make it an equal partnership. I always remeber what MO. T (mother Teresa) said (forgive me if i quote it wrong) . When asked what does God say when she prays? 'Nothing she says, he listens' then asked 'what do you say when god speaks to you? 'nothing i listen'.

So i start this summer with dreams of finding balance in everything. Prayer and Praise, speak and listen, Dance and sleep, sunshine and shelter, getting filled up so i can pour out..So welecome to my blog and here if your reading this your either lost, curious or a friend. If the 1st press the back button or close and start again (theres a preach right there) if the 2nd 'Hello' i am sane i promise and if the 3rd, Please (if you like praying) Pray for healthy equal measures over the summer... and also my time with God that it be many, that it be nourishing and that i keep it shut for and let him be him..in this thing that is my life!

Heres to the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment