Sunday 16 May 2010

Gods Got the Rope...and keeping it tight...



'A Few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring, storm waving , swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusaim like worship. But though to the outer ear theses tree's are now silent , their songs never cease...-John Muir'

Today I did some rock climbing in the more mountain hillside bit of the Island, I was all up for it... and then i saw this thing which was basically a vertical drop and thought' Ummmm , this is gona be tricky'

I am usually one for getting straight in, but i will admit to stumbeling.. The fact that i was wearing converse trainers didnt help ( look fab but no function in the climbing department)...anywayz i figured i would get straight into it and was 2nd to step up... You really have to put your trust in the dude who is holding the rope at the bottom, (this time being Neil W) and focus completely on your positioning and weight...he was a great instructor...

Whilst i was hanging off the side, of the cliff, i did think a about how beautifulll the place was i mean stunning... mad turquiose water and gorgeous valleys... and about Gods creation and about how this summer God has my rope, hes my instructor ..as i climb the things that i need to learn, my issues and stuff, he is totally at the bottom telling me where to place my foot, and watch my direction and keeping me focused... and its just great i get to do it in such a beautifull place...

Here's to many more dayz of me up a cliff, learning to trust...

No comments:

Post a Comment