Sunday 9 May 2010

Ibiza's Loveliness!!!




Jesse: I heard this story once about when the Germans were occupying Paris and they had to retreat back. They wired Notre Dame to blow, but they had to leave one guy in charge of hitting the switch. And the guy the soldier, he couldnt do it. You know he just sat there, knocked out by how beautifull the place was. And then when the allied troops came in, they found all the explosives just lying there and the switch unturned, and they found the same thing at Scare Couer, Eiffel Tower, couiple of other places i think...

Celine: Is that True?
Jesse: I dont know but i always like the story though..




The above Quote is from, one of my favourite films 'Before Sunset' Staring Ethan Hawke and Julie Deply.

I Love it.... That people can be stirred by such beauty into action or non action in the case above. There was a moment last night when i was sitting in the cathedral ontop of the mound in Ibiza Town, listening to Classical music, having trailed through the medieval fair, feeling full from all the many random food bits i sampled, an amazing array of people and mixture of cultures surrounding me, and my thought was 'God you had to push me to get me here, i've fought you, not every step, lets say, every other step of the way, and yet look at the loveliness you've put before me and the beauty you still show me,
let the beauty in this place move me into a holy engagement with it, let me be moved by Ibiza's character and vibrant personality, to fall in love with it every day, and help me not to cause destruction by not seeing its radiant curves...


I asked God to help me stop, throughout the many times this summer where it gets mental and just appreciate where i live, in the here and now. So my affection for this remarkable place will continue to deepen this summer...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,A message from one of our customers--
    you have to guess who!
    Hello Claire
    The other day Angela showed me the message you sent on "the blog",I think that's the correct expression! It's good to read you have "settled-in" and are now familiar with your surroundings.
    I was suprised you got off the ground last Tuesday, with the reports of volcanic ash coming our way once again,
    From what I hear you are missed in C.L.C. By one and all! Therefore take care of yourself Claire. Keep out of the sun-we don't want you melting away in the form of a chocolate raisin!
    Meanwhile Claire, I pray for you and may you be successful in the work you are doing for our Lord.
    God Bless you Claire.
    From The Legend In The Hat.

    Typed by Diane cos Oli decided to delegate and go off to the bank---anyone would think he's the boss---ha! ha!! love from me too.

    ReplyDelete