Wednesday 13 October 2010

Read about Lucian











There is a new book out, ( well actually it may not be that new, but I have just found it, so its new to me) about one of my favourite English Eccentric Painters Mr Lucian Freud. I find him like all true artists should be like, bizarre, unworldly and rather outside of the establishment. In any pictures of him he is always skinny and scowling.


In the book 'MAN WITH A BLUE SCARF' you hear the experience that Martin Gayford (the author, an art critic) went through sitting for a portrait for the artist. In this time the pair share stories and Martin is let abit into lucian's mind and its a diary of the many months of one man sitting another man painting and the conversation that are born.
I love his work, you look at Lucian's Paintings and see that it is so much more than capturing what the person looks like, you get their scar's, their mood, even their vibe coming through the paint and I love it.

Lucian is a legend and I can't wait to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment