Saturday 2 October 2010

Where's my Respect ?



I Was reading a commentary this morning by Chuck Smith to do with Romans 3 , how mad is this below:

'They kept those oracles faithfully, recorded them faithfully and passed them on to us. They had such a high reverence for the name of God, that whenever they wrote the word God, the Elohim, or the El, they would wash their pens, wash their hands, and then dip the pen in fresh ink to write the word Elohim, so did they reverence the title of God. But when they wrote the consonants that represented the name of God in writing, the consonants, before they would write them, they would go in and take a bath, change their clothes, and then take a pen, dip it in fresh ink, and write the consonants, YHVH, those consonants that represented the name of God.

There was no vowels written on these consonants because they did not feel that a man even in his mind was worthy of pronouncing the holy name of God. So they took the copying of scripture as a sacred trust. They realized the advantage that was theirs in having the Word of God given to them. Unto them was given the oracles of God. They were committed to them.'

That is some serious respect for God and his word, I would never think of having a bath to be clean, before I write down the name of God on a piece of paper, Or even needing a New Pen.
Sometimes I forget that I worship the mega creator of this universe, who spoke Thunderstorms, Ocean's and the Grand Canyon into being. And I am aware that I totally don't give him the awesome Respect he deserve's ...

I Love God, and I am so thankful that he loves me and my small worship and flittering heart... Teach me lord to give you the respect you deserve...

Amen to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment