Thursday 24 February 2011

Invisable giving.


I found myself Tuesday night, walking around a park with some of the church crew, looking into the nooks and shadows of the bushes, walking with God around town. A small act of obedience which no one saw and with no glory and praise from people in it.

It reminded me of a time in Ibiza when it was four in the morning, we took someone home, they were absolutely out of it, the 24-7 team found themselves practically carrying the lad to his hotel room, he was that drunk. (I stayed in the van, I was only a one week team member at this point) and seeing the team do this act of giving. Their was no glory in it. No one to see it and praise them. It was invisible giving.. I remember actually crying in the van waiting for them to come back, thinking this is what it all about. Only God saw the act of love. ( I don't think I ever told the Ibiza crew that).

An invisible act of service ! Is that what giving should be? It should be the receiver seeing Gods love for them, not me trying to bless them? But I admit that's not always the way of my heart.Invisible giving is hard. The world's ways is to show your Charity and make kindness acts shown.

What I do remember is walking around and seeing the stars through the tree's the other night.
A small act of beauty from God for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment