Tuesday 22 February 2011

Let your light shine....



This morning I woke up with a certain Hillsong kids tune in my head. 'Let you light shine' to say its annoying me is quite accurate .

Also this week a scripture from 1 Peter 2 has been following me everywhere.

' But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.' it then goes onto say

'Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world.'

Now I was thinking, If for some reason people I know started accusing me, of doing wrong say ' thieving or bitching' would people have seen and still see God's light and love in me and think that's complete rubbish ?

I am scared to say I think I know the answer to this question and I don't like it.

So as much as I the song is annoying maybe its not such a bad thing that I am singing it all day.

Let your light shine.xxx




1 comment:

  1. I must say I do do love this hillsongs tune although it is painfully annoying how it gets stuck in your head. As soon as I read the title for your blog it started up before I knew you'd mention it - guess that'll be there for the rest of the week lol

    ReplyDelete