Tuesday 12 July 2011

Be Bold, O Believer. !!


'Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching he might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.'- 2 Timothy 4:17

Reflection

'When it comes time for us to proclaim the gospel, we can stand in the Lord's strength and He will be right by our side the whole time. Be bold, O believer! Take your strength in the almighty arm of your Father, O child of heaven! '



Tomorrow night, Our church starts a project that we have had a vision of for a while. Its a bit scary, uncomfortable and potentially messy but exciteing and I love that feeling, where God could do anything and usually does...

This morning I was reading the above bit of bible from 2 Timothy and the reflection and it really spoke to me.. Be bold, O believer.. The project is a soupkitchen for people on the poverty line and below. Its something our church is really trying to step into and I am excited that I get to be a part of it...



'If we are truly his, he has called us to some work and office, and he wills us to discharge that office diligently. We are not to be gentlemen-at-ease, but men-at-arms; not loiterers, but laborers; not glittering spangles, but burning and shining lights." (Spurgeon)

Wooo Hooo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment