Saturday 30 July 2011

Suprise Saturday Prayer...


Today I had a great opportunity happen. To cut a long story short, a lady came into the shop and ended up wanting to purchase a metal heart with some scripture on, but she wanted to know if we could put a hole in it, as she wanted to put it on her necklace...

Never one to shy away from a challenge, I put my thinking hat on, and came up with an idea...

A few shops down from us, there is a shop that does a key cutting service and all that jazz. The Man always likes to make jokes at us Christians. Once remarking to me ‘you’re a Christian, but you’re so nice’. He is always up for a giggle and a pop but I know He is curious about God.

So I thought I would pop into his shop, see if he can help... after nattering to him a while about the metal heart, which he said he could do... I asked how much he wanted for it... at which point he mentioned his back was hurting... so I asked him again, how much? Which he replied, I don’t want any money just say a prayer for me on Sunday about my back ... after being a bit stunned I replied ‘ why Sunday.. Why don’t I just pray for you now... He replied’ you can’t pray here, don’t you need to kneel down and that... no no no... Fair enough I said... okay, pray now then, he stuttered...

So I proceeded to put my hand on his shoulder over the counter whilst everyone looking in through the window and pray for him...

I admit I took a sneaky look whilst we were both standing with our eyes closed and he had on the biggest grin on his face....

Once we said amen... he kept going that’s amazing , amazing and then proceeded to tell me how sweet I am, he answered a phone call and finished the conversation by saying’ he I just got prayed for, God bless you ‘and he then tried to set me up with his 24 year old son, showed me a picture and everything....

So there you go... I have wanted to pray with him for a while and get his perceptions smashed of God, as I am sure he sees God as the judgemental God like the ‘ fire and hell’ placard peeps shout about, were holding today in town...

The lady was pleased with the necklace, but to be honest I really didn’t care that much great customer service I know. I just thanked her for being part of Gods plan in seeing this guy know Gods love....

So there you go a great Saturday story...
What a great, loving, creative God we serve... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment