Thursday 6 October 2011

Howling Wind




Last night at the Food program we do at church. I met 2 guys who are sleeping in tents. On some green field somewhere. they said its been okay when the weather has been nice and sunny, but as today defiantly feels the beginning of winter, I can't help but think of them.

Right now I am lying on a nice comfortable warm dry bed, with clean duvets and thick woolly socks from M&S ... whilst they are out there freezing, only a thin piece of canvas to cover them from the blazing wind and relentless rain, I hear outside crashing against my window... and to be honest I feel like a hypocrite.

I rant about trying to help them, yet here I am, all snug as a bug in a rug... But do I want to give this up and go and join them.. Flip No !

So what Am I suppose to do? I am praying for them but it just doesn't seem enough, we are trying to get them sorted with supplies and are feeding them and trying to get to know them, but it doesn't help the instant problem of 'tonight and tomorrow and the day after that they are in the cold' .

It's a tough situation, but there is nothing more really I can do , they really need to help themselves...

But no matter how much I try I can still hear the wind and is it me or does it keeps getting louder and louder....

No comments:

Post a Comment