Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy People...


I love it when churches come together and take action. This week In Coventry there was an event, that went on throughout the whole week called 'Christ in the Precinct' where there is singing, face painting, chatting, praying and getting to know people.

Yesterday I was on my lunch break at work and went and joined them for abit.

A Church was signing 'Everlasting God' and they were really starting to shout out a joyous praise. Next thing all Christians in the vancinty started to just spontaneously dance and sing, it was like a praise flash mob, not one to be left out, I got right in there, with my ham sandwich in one hand and a banana in the other and it was brilliant.

People saw that God gives you Joy and happiness and a reason to dance like a loony in the middle of the street. So much so that people walking by, started to join in and dance. They wanted to join in...the happy dancing....

This morning in church my pastor said the Church 'should be famous for love not judgement', what about famous for happy dancing with joy rather than reserved people trying to fit in with society.

There was a moment when I was in the middle of the crowd thinking ' look how I've changed' I was one of the people looking at them thinking 'Muppet's' but also wanting to join in, but never showing that side....

Thank you God that I have the best reason to get up and dance in the middle of the street, and that your sons and daughters are blessed ....

Yes I am a loony, and I gladly am for him....Jesus...

Keep dancing people...
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment