Tuesday 28 June 2011

Science talks....



Yesterday I was at work, and I was speaking to a mate, all the while there was this girl a few steps behind listening in, every so often she was nodding or shaking he head, eventually she came up to ask for help, (she was buying a present for her mum, for her birthday) so after showing her some idea's so came to the counter with her purchase. and we got talking , well you know what I am like, little miss chatterbox.

Anyway, so she used to be a christian (she later said she would consider herself a christian 'she believes in God, but all the theology side is just a whole mess to her).

She went off to do philosophy Degree at university and has since struggled with all the questions that this has made her throw at her faith.

She made a bold statement of 'Faith and science just don't go together, I've read Dawkins and his fellow people's books and though I don't agree with the viciousness they come at faith with, they ask good questions, I've asked my pastor and he can't help me really'

I spent some time talking about how actually science makes me personally more crazy in love with the Creator God and ended up giving her a Louie Giglio DVD 'How Great is our God'. I made her promise to watch it, then she has to come in and tell me what she thinks, even if she thinks, it's a load of ****.

This Girl is my kind of person, working out her issues, open to say 'I don't get it'. She has looked at the other side that many Christians don't and yet still there is something there in her, that has made her not throw away God completely.

I told her she will never get all the answers and she knew that, I think she was just tired of the Christian responses we hit back to challenging questions with. I do this!

I love people that Challenge and enquire.... God loves them also...in fact so much more a hundred times more than me and then some...

I Will let you know, if she comes back in to chat about the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment