Tuesday 14 June 2011

Stir me.......



Last night was in bed and I read the below poem, in the beginning of a book by Dr Helen Roseveare... Its a dangerous Uncomfortable, Prayer... But I Love it.. Stir me.........

Stir Me

Stir me, O stir me, Lord, I care not how,
But stir my heart in passion for the world!
Stir me to give, to go, but most to pray;
Stir, till the blood-red banner be unfurl’d
O’er lands that still in heathen darkness lie,
O’er deserts where no cross is lifted high.

Stir me, O stir me, Lord, till all my heart
Is filled with strong compassion for these souls;
Till thy compelling Word drives me to pray;
Till thy constraining Love reach to the poles
Far north and south, in burning, deep desire,
Till east and west are caught in love’s great fire

Stir me, O stir me, Lord, Thy heart was stirred
By love’s intensest fire, till Thou didst give
Thine only Son, Thy best beloved ONE
E’en to the dreadful cross, that I might live.
Stir me to give myself back to Thee
That Thou canst give Thyself again through me.

Stir me, O stir me, Lord, for I can see
Thy glorious triumph-day begin to break!
The dawn already gilds the eastern sky:
Church of Christ, arise! awake! awake!
O stir us, Lord, as heralds of that day,
For night is past, our King is on His way!

Mrs. Albert Head

No comments:

Post a Comment