Thursday 9 June 2011

Seminar Slap....


Yesterday I went to an all day conference workshop thingy to do with Drugs and substance abuse. Jackie Pullinger was speaking and there was a few different seminars with different aspects of substance abuse discussed etc etc.

When I go to these things, I am always really wary, because I love getting taught and challenged,(I just get quite heated with one man, saying Abstinence to drink for everyone...Errr No! but anyway) and we got prayed for, but I also get annoyed at everyone just chatting about it, me included....

On the lunch break, just by the church their is a pub and as I Walked by (quickly went to the shop to buy supplies of choc and sweets to get me through the afternoon) there is a guy there holding some alcohol standing quite wasted , and I walk on by him in a rush, I give him a smile and a acknowledgement, but don't really make a huge effort to talk to him, as I am in a rush to get back to the seminar which is talking about Drink and drug abuse....

Is that what God would have prefered for me to do? I think Not !

Seminars are good, and teaching is good, but only if I put it into practice. Until I get that bit right, I can have all the teaching in the world, but it ain't gona help, until I am obedient to the call, of 'GO'

Stop Going to church Claire. Be the church!!!! Dime bar!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment