Monday 23 August 2010

I Love Church...



Its official...we are in love, a scandalous gossiped about love... Seriously...
I know it has its flaws and if I was to focus on the negative things, there would be lots of reasons to get out before I get too deep, but it’s too late, especially when you have days like yesterday . Where church becomes the beautiful bunch of misfits that you saw Jesus wanting to break some bread with.

A Rag Tag Bunch and I was right there in the front row. There was a quote I heard once that said ‘if you can leave your bag unattended at church you aren’t reaching the right kind of people’ and today as I got up to sit somewhere else I left my bag, and 2 minutes later I was nervous about it...

Now I know most people would tell me to wise up and not be so preoccupied by material things, and they are right, but at the same time, I rembered that quote and thought ‘Yes, this church is getting to the vision Jesus had in mind for his church’ ... maybe our church members can from time to time, include me in tricky moments and occasionally I really have to try to think and make conversation, but that’s just because they are from a different culture than I am from..

I Love them. I Love Us... And if I have to have a few shaky awkward moments in the process then so be it... here’s to uncomfortable church...

No comments:

Post a Comment