Sunday 16 January 2011

What Three Men are Teaching me!



(Isaac Blessing Jacob By Govert Flink.)

Abraham(Likes to distort the truth.)---Isaac (had a tendency to lie under pressure)---Jacob (robs his Brother's blessing.)

I am reading Genesis at the moment, around the mid 2o mark, and I am just thinking how mad it is. The line of Abraham to Isaac to Jacob has Gods stamp on it. They are all are aware that God is going to Bless them, and through them, bring about many nations, it starts with Abraham and carries on and yet all these fellas seem to mess it up quite nicely and some are even quite good at scheming and plotting.

Take Jacob, he basically gets his brother to swap his birthright for some stew , so he can reign it over him, then years later, when his dad is on his death bed, he tricks his dad into blessing him, not his brother and gets his mum, in on the act. Its crazy. He even wears his brother's clothes, gets his mum to make the Dad's favourite meal and wears pretend skin, so when the dad touches him, he feels like his brother. That is some serious scheming.

But whats most shocking is, through they all seem to get it pretty darn wrong at times, both Abraham and Isaac lie about their wives being their sisters at times. God is still persistent on blessing them and making them the Fathers of numerous generations.

In fact Jacob didn't need to pretend to get a blessing from his dad, as God had already chosen him.

Its mad... To me it's just a sign of Gods Unwavering Love and favour for me, he is going to bless me and bring me through, because he has already chosen to. I am highly favoured even though I at times will and do get it completely wrong.

Its Mad but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment