Monday 14 March 2011

Front line Story


We had a guy com into the shop today asking about a DVD... we got chatting (well I was a nosy git) and he started to open up about his journey in life in the last 6 months.

He had been going to a Church Of England spiritualist church. FYI- it doesn't exist, I even asked the next CoE minister who came into the shop. As he started to go the this place (I ain't calling it a church), he noticed that his personal life basically went downhill pretty bad and very quickly...

It got to the point where he was considering ending it all.... and yet he thought it was okay, it had CoE all over it and the Reverend (the leader was called that) wore a dog collar and it all seemed like it was all above board . (they cant be bad, if they have the gear on, was his thinking.)

It was only when he took a bold step and asked for help, that he realised what a illusion he had been living under.... and that he had been tricked.

He has been going on an Alpha course and has given his life to God and is getting rid of the scales from his eyes....

I am always amazed how the enemy, seems to be so good at Distracting us and tricking us...me more than anyone.

I sometimes forget I am in Warfare...it seems so odd, I don't see the scenes of a battle field in my average Monday. Yet I am on it. The devil tries to cover it up with the daily slug of the everyday norm. But We warriors know we are in it...

'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making the world think he doesn't exist' I think this is a quote from 'the usual suspects' ... So True

So to my warriors 'Our God is greater' Thank you Lord for another persons eyes being opened...

'Our call to love, to love the captive soul, but to rage against the captor' -Lyrics from 'o church arise' .

No comments:

Post a Comment