Thursday 24 March 2011

From a different angle..


'Reading life'

I finished Rob Bell's new book 'Love wins' Yesterday. Now if you are expecting an array of insults and piercing reviews I am afraid you won't find it.

To be honest. its not that different from any of his other books, lots of questions laced with more questions, but this time you get the vibe, he is opening himself up abit more in terms of what he believes. I came away not thinking any more or any less, just thinking arghh Rob Bell has no more insight into Gods beautiful plan than the rest of us... Whew... He struggles with it all as well...

I am reading a book about a biblical view in Astronomy. (sounds like a barrel of laughs) but I have a new love and he's called Professor Brian Cox and does the ' Wonders of the universe' programme on the BBC (he also does Stargazing Live, my fave).

Its amazing, again even if I don't agree with it all. It is still good to see different points of view. whether in book or TV show form . It always makes you think about the truth in what you believe,and why you believe ? and this can never be a bad thing.. to keep you daily grappling with Gods truth. A freshly squeezed glass of thought processes... leading to some new nutrition going into the body...

Ummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment