Tuesday 10 May 2011

Learning about Costs....


The last 2 weeks for me have been crazy, every day God has brought a new lesson, sometimes more than one a day. A cycle of 7 days and 7 new things to learn, week after week.
A friend asked me a few days ago what was God saying or teaching me in my life? A phrase appeared out of no where, which sounds really deep and heavy, because it is.... 'Evaluating my Soul!
Now to those of you who are gonna click over , No harm done....But it is where I am at the moment.

Lessons in the everyday things, from seeing a kid puke on the street to chatting to some youth sitting outside a shop eagerly awaiting their booze brought for them. And God keeps asking me questions in these moments. The main one being ' Am I willing to make the cost for God and if so, how much?

To be perfectly honest I've never really though about this side of God too much, well not in serious depth anyway. (It's one of those things I know, but never actually stop and seriously think about and wrestle with).
Do I have a line in my life, where where my sacrifice for God is at its limit and I am not willing to go beyond that ? Because I am too selfish and Gods asking too much.


Gods been showing me ' what if the cost is this or that and showing me things that I never wanted brought to the table, would I still be able ? What if the cost was friends and family, security, a cost pretty hard for me, that to go there physically pains me...

Until I answer these questions can I sing some songs like ' Take my life, let it be, everything all of me,' ( Tim Hughes-Living for your Glory). Aren't I just being a hypocrite ?
I know, I am more willing to settle for more easyness than God road for me... But that's not picking up my cross everyday is it ?... God is my comforter! But that doesn't mean I am always in my comfortable nice secure safe place, right... Jesus wasn't, the apostles weren't and that's where I wanna be...

Basically I don't have it all sorted, and i never will, but I am starting to see where I fit into the body and who he wants me to be . Is it what I would have picked myself, not always... but then the clay doesn't get to turn around to the potter and say. 'hay I ain't happy with this outcome'

Here's to God teaching me more about me and you more about you...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment