Friday 13 May 2011

Rainy Stormy Sunny Day


I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.
George Washington Carver .

Love days like today, where you feel the weather will keep changing every hour, and it has... I have had sunglasses on, coat on and off, and umbrella up and down and musical thunder storms playing in the background.

Today I was at the bus top and it started to rain, now at the risk of sounding like the complete geek I am. I was looking at the ground and the way the heavy drops of rain were marking the light coloured footpath creating splodgey (made up word right there) craziness and it was beautiful....

Now I know that sounds crazy, but it was one of those moments that you share, just between you and God, in the moment enjoying random beauty...

I remember reading Rob Bell's book drop like stars and where it got it's name from 'The title of the project comes from a young child's view of raindrops on a window at night.'

It was like that.... seeing such beauty in the smallest of everyday supposedly mundane things..

love it...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment