Monday 16 May 2011

Lifeboat Instructions....


Yesterday 4 people got baptised at church. Now it doesn't matter how many times this happens... each time there is a rave in heaven over this one person and I love it....

Apart from the fact that I just cry for the whole service,( I should take notice of this and not wear eye makeup as it ends up everywhere and I look like a total lunatic afterwards.)

I love it when a person gets to look back, at the rough seas they went through, and at the time couldn't see God anywhere... But now looking back they see Gods hand clearly all over their past and their present....

One was a girl who I met on the Alpha Course and she is so brilliant, with a real servant heart . Another was a guy, who had been really hurt by the church and at one point lost everything and yet the small act of people opening up that they were Christians in everyday life and offering to pray with him, really changed his life. ( A certain person I know, calls this their 'secret history').

No matter how many times I hear these kind of stories, each time I still get blown away, by the invisible stability and presence of God in their lifeboat, never leaving them alone and jumping ship.

God is awesome...

When you ask him ,he says to the raging sea's 'be still' and they bow down .

Here's to having God in your life Boat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment