Sunday 19 December 2010

A few Simple truths...

So this morning, I was reading some stuff from the Bible and it really just hit me, so I thought I would share it with you. Its Gods really simple but truthful teaching's for us. ( you might guess, I am reading 1 John at the moment.)

'Christ's anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught.' 1 John 2:27.

Now I love to read books its a serious hobby of mine and as I work in a Christian bookshop, I have an unlimited supply of teaching from all different Pastors, theologians and social justice workers. When I Get a spare second I love to pick up a book and have a few minutes reading on their opinions, but the words above remind me, it's God who is my ultimate teacher. I always remember what Tony Campolo said ' if I have to be taught from either a person who went to bible school and trained and consumed all these resources or a women with no formal training but is anointed and taught by the Holy Spirit I would chose the lady any day.' Its God who opens up understanding for me, He should be my main commentary and concordance on his word.

'Live deeply' I was reminded of 'oaks of righteousness from Isaiah 61 and just love the imagery of a 200 year old tree and its serious roots...

'If we claim that we experience a shared life with him and continue to stumble around in the dark, we're obviously lying through our teeth—we're not living what we claim. But if we walk in the light, God himself being the light, we also experience a shared life with one another'. 1 John 1: 6-7

I just love the directness of this verse. Again Simple but true. I am reminded of the Ronseal advert' It does exactly what it says on the tin' That's what this verse is to me. Every time I feel darkness tyring to dampen me, disenhearten me, and question me. I should ask for some more of Gods light to sizzle in me and as his Word says ' darkness cannot be where he is'. I totally don't do this enough..

Hope these nuggets speak to you today.

May God anoint you and give you a teachable heart. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment