Monday 6 December 2010

My Own Little World Costs!




So Its nearly Christmas and as usual the cards and presents are starting to roll in. Now people ask 'Claire want do you need, which I reply ' I don't need for anything but the things I want are...? Now I know, I am truly blessed to not need for anything. Like the majority of people I know. We don't have immediate needs for anything, but there are things we would like,what we desire to purchase.

With this idea in mind I found myself today getting a Christmas check from a family relative and thinking yippee! I Head straight to a certain clothes website to order a hat I have been keeping my eye on , to purchase with a £22 price tag.

Now I am such a stingy scrounge, that I never spend lots of money of fashion, its usually charity shops or TK Max, but something about this shop makes me loose that tightness on my purse.

I proceeded to checkout and pressed confirm, but there was an issue with the site, and it did not go through, annoyed I tried again getting more frustrated, and try again. but still the website wouldn't let me do it. Then it dawned on me, I am spending £22 pound on a hat, seriously a flimsy hat.

There are people that I Know who tonight will be sleeping in graveyards because they are homeless and I am spending £22 plus p+p on a hat. ( I think that's why God wouldn't let the purchase go through, he knew how annoyed I would be at myself in a few minutes)

Now I am not saying that it's wrong to spend your money on nice things, but the fact is I just can't seem to justify it. Whats Wrong with me?

I heard this song the other day and a line has been stuck in my head for days ' I throw a twenty in the plate but I don't give till it hurts' (that is a in your face challenge ).

Now I am not saying people shouldn't enjoy money, but I can't get over the fact I am wasting money to buy things to go with my collection of things brought earlier (other hats), when especially at this time of year it's more clear to me than ever, that my world ( and therefore my money) should not be about me!

What will the money go to? We will see. But 4 years ago before I was a christian, this was never an issue. But now as the song above says ' In my world, its not population :me '.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment