Tuesday 9 November 2010

Dont talk just swim.....



Amos 5:21-24 (The Message)

21-24"I can't stand your religious meetings.
I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions.
I want nothing to do with your religion projects,
your pretentious slogans and goals.
I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes,
your public relations and image making.
I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music.
When was the last time you sang to me?
Do you know what I want?
I want justice—oceans of it.
I want fairness—rivers of it.
That's what I want. That's all I want.

This scripture is kicking my butt at the moment. When I was in Belfast the speaker Patrick Reagan, spoke it and it hit right at me. For those who dont really truely know me, I can get pretty passionate about Gods church sometimes, I can feel Gods heart for this world coming right through my chest. Other times I know its my just having a bitch. I have noticed that I have a natural ability to point the finger at all the things the rich organised western church is not doing.( God is helping me with this).

I am trying to balance loving his bride that I belong to but also not being afraid to put a firework under its ass to get it moving.

I also know that it needs to start with me, a guy speaking at our church on sunday said if you want to point the finger go stand in front of the mirror, (soo true for me).

So with that in mind this saturday night me and a few people are going to stop talking about what isn't done and just do it. God said he wants oceans of justice and rivers of fairness, I am gona do a dive into it, I want to swim in it, go underwater with my eyes open and invite people to do a big belly flop into it also.

Its about inviteing people who would never think of jumping in, the lady on the bus who smells abit, that person that really annoys you (I struggle here), the big issue seller (Tyrone you are a legend.).

God says he's sick of my conferences and meetings about it , well so am I, so bring your crazy inflatables.

Come take a swim with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment