Thursday 25 November 2010

Old school Teaching..


This morning wanting to put some praise music on and have a bit of time in worship. (usually I grab my guitar but didnt feel like strumming, wanted to be able to throw my arms in there air like a mad women.)

I looked at my Ipod and just saw Hillsongs back catalogue and few random praise albums (the new Chris Tomlin is in there 'And if our God is for us' its brilliant.) But I wanted something different, with passion and truth.

When I rembered this CD we had in the shop where I work (I work in a Christian Bookshop, which also sells music.) It was a CD of really old school hymns, when I first saw this a few years ago, it proper scared me. I could'nt relate to any of the songs at all, and it just reminded me of Songs of Praise on TV. So I found it on the internet and took a few of the songs and put them into Youtube, and I came across these lyrics below.

Now I don't know about you, but I sometimes feel like when Paul said 'I am the Cheif of Sinners' I feel like saying to him 'Dude, you was, now I think you'll find, that trophy belongs to me' But then you sing these lyrics and you are reminded of Gods salvation work. And the chain of shame and guilt seems to not stick and slip right off..

So this morning I find myself in my Kitchen Singing/shouting these words out, much to the delight of the builders next door. ( Couldnt give a monkeys) And being happy that the words below are true and for me and you..

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Its amazing how you change as you grow as a Christian. I might even watch Songs of Praise soon....Nah probably not. (Still have some more growing to do yet.)

But old school church definately has some things to teach me...

We Serve a great God.

1 comment:

  1. haha good tune! sometimes its hard to beat a wee oldie like it! bet the builders were loving it indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete