Friday 12 November 2010

So the other day i was searching over my bookcase for something new to read and I came across a very old copy of Roald Dahl 'The BFG'.

I think I remeber reading it as a kid but becuase I devour books alot, its amazing how some books that are molded into my memorey are actually lots of books squished together.

Anyway, so I picked up the very scruffy book and started to read, and its been an absolute delight. Just finished it today on the bus and I am bit lost. I Love Roald Dahl's writing, his use of language and sheer playfullness with mixing up words. BFG and Sophie are legend's also, here's a few good quotes.

“I’m not sure I quite know what that means,” Sophie said.
“Meanings is not important,” said the BFG. “I can’t be right all the time. Quite often I is left instead of right.”

“You is welcome to go and search my cave from frack to bunt,” the BFG answered. “You can go looking into every crook and nanny. There is no human beans or stringy beans or runner beans or jelly beans or any other beans in there.”

“Your Majester,” he said. “I is your humbug servant…. Oh Queen! Oh Monarcher! Oh, Golden Sovereign! Oh, Ruler! Oh, Ruler of Straight Lines!”

Grab a copy if you never have experienced it and instantly become a child again, its great fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment